Most people don’t realize that many soft inflatable boats (SIBs) can be equipped with an electric or outboard motor. But why would anybody want a motorized inflatable boat when you have oars?
There are loads of practical and recreational reasons:
- Gliding on the water in a boat with a motor feels great!
- Getting from A to B is quicker than using oars.
- Traveling longer distances.
- Dinghies used as tenders for larger boats may need to be seaworthy.
- Fishing boats need a motor, since they are packed and heavy.
- And most importantly, sometimes you would rather relax than row.
Here are the contents of this article:
- Inflatable rafts that can be motorized
- Inflatable dinghies that I recommend
- Electric trolling motor recommendations
- Gasoline outboard motors
These are the inflatable rafts and dinghies you’ll learn about in this post. It starts out with rafts and is followed by dinghies.Read more